Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie 25: Tall and Creamy Cheesecake



Ahhh, yes- I missed last week's Tuesdays with Dorie (Real Butterscotch Pudding), but to be honest, I just didn't have the time! It really upsets me when I have to miss a Tuesdays with Dorie (or Daring Bakers), but as you all know, this time of year is just insane.

To top it off... I am posting this week's Tuesdays with Dorie, two days late! Obviously, this time of year really affects my organisational skills. I actually made this recipe weeks ago, so it wasn't a case of not having the goods to show. We went away for a few days, for New Years Eve celebrations, and I didn't bother to bring my laptop. It wasn't until the Wednesday that I realised I had forgotten (by realised, I mean that I saw heaps of tall and creamy cheesecakes pop up on tastespotting). Well, it's a new year, and I hope to be a little more organised for it.



I'm personally not a fan of cheesecake. I'm not really into cream cheese frosting either. So I really avoid making them at all costs- even though S absolutely loves himself a good baked cheesecake. The one cheesecake I quite liked was one that I made from Marcus Wareing's How to Cook the Perfect... After making Dorie's, I still prefer the one from Marcus' book. I actually quite liked the taste of Dorie's (I made a lemon cheesecake, in an effort to conceal the 'cheese' flavour), but I really disliked the texture. It gives me the chills just thinking about it... Also my other complaint is that there is not enough base- I would double the recipe for the base next time. I also found that the biscuit sides did not get crunchy- it was a soggy mess. S really loved this cheesecake though, so I would feel slightly evil if I denied him from ever eating it again. Maybe with some minor adjustments, I too would like it.

Thanks to Anne of AnneStrawberry for choosing this week's recipe. You can find the recipe on her website. Don't forget to check out all the other TWD gang too.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious Bria, well done! Tall and creamy is just how I like them :D

Anonymous said...

Your cheesecake looks great. Lemon sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks like it came out perfectly.

Jacque said...

It is hard to bake something you don't like. I felt that way about the linzer sables.

Anyway, it looks fantastic! Way to pull through.

AmyRuth said...

You are so nice to make the cheesecake especially when you don't care for it yourself. Boo. Well, I'm sure you've read rave reviews anyway. So next week will be new. Great job it looks good.
AmyRuth

Bria said...

There is something quite satisfying about baking a cheesecake though, so I don't mind so much!