Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie 50: Chocolate Souffle


Although most people would agree that souffle is one of the hardest desserts to perfect, I honestly don't find them that daunting. Actually... if you look back at one of my first posts it would appear I am having a momentary mind lapse. Well I have come a long way since I first started my little blog and it is safe to say that I wouldn't burst into tears if I were faced with the challenge of whipping up a souffle on the spot. I personally am not a souffle girl- yes, I am fascinated by them, but I hardly ever order one in a restaurant (S on the other hand is obsessed with them).


This recipe was chosen by Susan of She's Becoming DoughMessTic, and I have to say that I was very disappointed in it. I knew from reading the recipe that it wouldn't suit my tastes, but I really prefer to stick to the exact recipe where possible for TwD. The souffle was much too airy and puffy for my liking. I know some people love how a souffle will just disappear when in the mouth but I much prefer something of more substance. My preference is a souffle made a creme patisserie base... yum!

6 comments:

pinkstripes said...

Your souffle looks great. I have to go back and try it one day.

Bria said...

Yes definitely give it shot, you will probably surprise yourself!

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Dee D. said...

Oh wow, your's looks great :)
I made some souffle too recently :)
I love your pictures :)
how long did yours stay up??

~Dee D.
http://thenotoriousexperiments.tumblr.com

cruz said...

Hmm its really yummy...
======
SEO projects

Christian Rene Friborg said...

Your chocolate souffle looks amazing! I think I'll give this one a try. Nice post, btw. :)