Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie 42: Coconut-Roasted Pineapple Dacquoise


Ok, so I am a little late this week... No excuse really, other than just life getting in the way! This week's recipe was chosen by Andrea of Andrea In The Kitchen. To be honest, I really dislike coconut, white chocolate and pineapple! So when I saw this recipe was chosen, I wasn't really thrilled at all. BUT, Tuesdays with Dorie is all about trying out new things (and many I thought I wouldn't like, I loved), so I really didn't want to miss this week. Unfortunately, I didn't end up loving this at all, but like I said before, it's because I don't like the core ingredients! I know my mum would have loved it though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just posted mine too and just like you, I'm not fond of coconut or white chocolate. I haven't tried the final product but I did taste the ganache and liked it!
Your dacquoise turned out really well, I love your layering! I'm sorry the taste didn't come through for you.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Sorry you didn't like it! It looks great, you did a wonderful job of assembling it!